This qualification aims to develop the learner’s knowledge and understanding of:
• various common health conditions
• monitoring the health of individuals affected by health conditions.
The purpose of this qualification is to give learners currently working in, or intending to work in, adult health and social care an awareness of a range of common health conditions. Learners may then progress to additional qualifications to gain a more in-depth understanding of specific health conditions.
Learners will submit their workbooks via an online portfolio and these will be internally assessed by their tutor.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to the following:
• Level 2 or 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• Level 2 or 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
• Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
• Level 3 Certificate in Stroke Care Management
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care
• Apprenticeships in Health and Social Care.
Upon completion, you may also wish to progress onto another of our online learning courses
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification in a health or social care related area.
A good level of English will also be required in order to effectively complete workbooks
You must also be aged 19 or over on the 31st August at the start of the academic year to be eligible.
© 2023 - City College Peterborough. All rights reserved.