The purpose of this qualification is to increase learners' knowledge and understanding of common childhood illnesses to enable them to support the development and wellbeing of infants and children they support/care for.
This qualification is suitable for anyone looking to increase their knowledge of common childhood illness.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 2 Certificate in Working with Children in Early Years and Primary Settings
• Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
• Level 2 Certificate in an Introduction to Early Years Education and Care
• Level 3 Award in Childcare and Education
• Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Supporting Teaching and Learning
• Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home Based Childcare
• Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Early Years Education and Care
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification; however learners might find it helpful if they've already achieved a Level 1 qualification in a health or social care related area
A good level of English will also be requried in order to effectively complete workbooks
You must also be aged 19 or over on the 31st August at the start of the academic year to be eligible.