This qualification aims to develop learners’ understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism - covering the person-centred approach and influence of positive communication methods, how to support positive behaviour, and how individuals with autism can be supported to live healthy and fulfilled lives.
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units as detailed in the qualification specification. Grades are not awarded.
Learners will submit their workbooks via an online portfolio and these will be internally assessed by their tutor.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner (apprenticeship)
• Level 3 Diploma for the Children's Workforce (Early Years Educator)
• Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
• Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England)
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism
Upon completion, you may also wish to progress onto another of our online learning courses
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
A good level of English will also be requried in order to effectively complete workbooks
You must also be aged 19 or over on the 31st August at the start of the academic year to be eligible.
© 2023 - City College Peterborough. All rights reserved.