Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism - (Mon, Wed, Thurs)
Location: City College Peterborough
13 May 2024
11 Jul 2024
Day & Time
Monday 09:30 - 14:30
This qualification is for learners who wish to gain an understanding of autism and how to support an individual with autism.
Your will cover:
• Gain an understanding of what is meant by autism and how it is diagnosed.
• Gain understanding on legislation and guidance when supporting individuals with autism.
• Person – centred approaches.
• Gain an understanding of communication issues, speech, and language processes.
• Social interaction for individuals with autism.
• Communication strategies to support communication.
• Learn how to support positive behaviours.
• Understand how to support individuals to learn coping strategies.
• Gain an understanding of living with autism.
• Positive risk taking.
• Understand how to support individuals with employment.
Learners will submit their workbooks via an online portfolio and these will be internally assessed by their tutor.
A good level of English will also be requried in order to effectively complete workbooks
You must also be aged 19 or over on the 31st August at the start of the academic year to be eligible.
This is a knowledge based qualification so it is not a requirement to be working within the Health and Care sector already
Upon completion, you may also wish to progress onto another of our online/face to face learning courses
Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults).
Level 2 Diploma in Adult Care courses
Level 3 Diploma in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
Level 3 Diploma in Adult care